Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Who Am I?

I am holy & blameless – Ephesians 1:4

Have you ever really taken the time to think about who you are? I know for me even as a young girl, I was told I was many things. Some which I tried to be just because someone said I was or really because I was. I have found as I have gotten older and had children of my own that who we are solely should be determined about what our God says we are. If I take my eyes off the heavenly version of me and look at my flesh. The overweight, sensitive, loud, bold person; I loose so much of my value just by doing that. See our flesh doesn't determine who we are! Thank God! I get to be who our DADDY King says I am. Yes he has fashioned me with traits different from others but the core, the foundation of who am I only exists on His image. An image that is whole and right and good.

I use to think the people that would walk around professing that they were something they obviously weren't was so hypocritical and lying to themselves. What I didn't realize is that those very people were solely dependent on the character of God to fashion them into what He desires us to be. Even if my fleshly eyes doesn't see the me quite as my God sees me doesn't change that He SEES ME THAT WAY!

I can boldly walk with my God trusting His word! When he says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, I can do it. When he says I am made righteous, bought by the precious blood of Jesus, I can rest in the confidence that I am redeemed!

What the enemy would love to do is get us to stay focused on our fleshly eyes so that we miss the blessing; the favor or God in our lives. Sometimes we walk the same path over and over because we haven't lifted our eyes to the heavenly and rested in His word for our lives.

I thank God that I am not defined by my flesh but refined by His blood and set apart for Holy living. I can walk in the favor of God through obedience to my God and it's a great place to be!

What about you? Who do you say you are?

Redeemed!

Trish

No comments: