Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Be Part of The Answer

Recently my prayer life has taken a turn for deep understanding of God's love for people and this post might reflect a hard awakening for some trust me I was one of them, but I feel so moved by the spirit to share with you. (Excuse the run on sentences)

 I don't know about you but for me it always rubs me the wrong way when someone says I'll pray for that need of yours but has the capacity to be part of the answer. Everyday I walk by people less fortunate than me countless times (it makes me sick to my stomach how many times) and I have the capacity to be part of the answer they have been praying for.

What do you think it means to be a vessel for the Holy Spirit? What do you think Jesus meant by Love others as you would love yourselves? The Holy Spirit has been speaking these things to me so much over the past six months. I couldn't help but think this last six months how much I have and how little others have. What if I was the person with no socks, shoes, food or warmth and a believer of God just walked right past me and murmured I'll pray for you, as they strut their new clothes, drive their new car and have a full stomach. How would I feel? How would Jesus feel?

Look I know that we live in a society that says more means success and only worry about yourself. I can't live like that! I refuse to lead a body of believers like that! I can't in good conscious think about what I don't have when there are so many who sleep in the rain, barefoot, cold and hungry. When I see a homeless family because the "American Dream" caused them to loose everything; because they worked so hard to obtain what everyone said they had to have and lost it all due to an unforeseen circumstance.

When are we as a body of Christ going to start living like Jesus called us to live. When we start looking for a way to be part of the answer to the prayers of the desperate, the widow, the broken, the middle class etc.. No one is exempt from this. We all have needs and God places resources in front of us all the time and often selfishness and fear keep us from giving, reaching and pouring into someone else's life. I no longer am interested in praying prayers that God has resourced me to answer. I can do what I can do after all it is the Lord who gave me the provision after all.

Seriously, this is as much for me as it is for you. I know that I can be the change I pray for. I know that I can do what God has resourced me to do and it's time for NO MORE EXCUSES....

What about you? What has the Lord been speaking to you this season....

Hugs
Trish

No comments: